SONY PXW FX9 key features
The Sony PXW FX9 camera is externally look-alike the Sony FS7 II but with very different technical specifications.
This camera has a 6K Full-Frame “Exmor R” sensor capable to record at 4K DCI, Ultra HD and HD.
The camera’s full-frame 6K sensor provides superb recording in DCI 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions. Powerful image processing with debayering and oversampling ensures image quality beyond the limits of conventional Super 35mm sensors. The back-illuminated CMOS image sensor also uses Sony’s Exmor R technology for improved sensitivity and noise reduction. Compared to a 4K Super 35mm sensor, the FX9’s 6K sensor has over twice the surface area while providing a wider angle of view and shallower depth of field.
Full Frame sensor
- 4K images with its full-frame sensor
- Capture every detail with shallow depth of field and stunning bokeh
- 15+ stops of dynamic range
- Its Dual Base ISO enable capture of every nuance, from shadows to highlights
- Hybrid fast autofocus provides sharp images with subject tracking
- Perfect for documentary, advertising and events productions
Shoot in comfort, expand your horizons
- The SONY PXW FX9 is a very ergonomic camera
- Full-frame electronic variable ND filter
- Wi-Fi and 12G-SDI outputs for advanced workfow
Stable, shake-free handheld footage
The Sony Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare softwares can transform footage in to look as smooth as if it were shot with a gimbal.
FX9’s metadata built-in gyro and lens information allows you to creatively choose the balance between the level of shake-compensation and the resolution of trimmed 4K imagery.